Victoria offers a lifestyle and climate unlike any other in Canada. The variety of outdoor activities, mild weather and breathtaking scenery combine to make Victoria a destination for visitors from all over the globe.
Many residents have relocated here from across the country or around the world and have found the healthy lifestyle and relaxing atmosphere more like being on a long term vacation.
If you are looking for an active cultural and social climate in which to conduct business, or simply retire and relax, have a look at the following website to gain a broader perspective on what the Victoria area has to offer:
These links are provided to help you find some of the local information and services particular to the Victoria area. If there is something you are looking for that isn’t listed here, please contact me and I will be happy to help you find it.
- In Victoria from helpful tourist information and maps to an extensive directory of local businesses and Victoria’s colourful nightlife.
- BC Transit transit services schedules, fares and routes throughout Victoria and surrounding area as well as the rest of the province.
- BC Ferries – ferry routes, fares and schedules to and from the mainland and smaller islands.
- Coho Ferry, Port Angeles, Washington to Victoria, BC.
- Your Victoria British Columbia Travel and Tourism Guide will solve every vacation need while in Victoria B.C.
- Tourism Victoria – official not-for-profit tourism industry association that works in partnership with over 900 business members and municipalities in the Greater Victoria area and surrounding communities of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
- Art Gallery of Victoria – The Art Gallery of Greater Victoria is one of Canada’s finest art museums with a permanent collection of 15,000 objets d’art. The collection features art from Asia, Europe and North America with primary emphasis placed on Canada and Japan.
- Times Colonist for news from Victoria and Vancouver Island.
- CH TV On Demand News Media and Information, excellent news, sports, weather, information, features and entertainment.
- The New VI – local TV station featuring island news and entertainment.
- Monday Magazine – local arts and entertainment weekly newspaper.
Local Post Secondary Schools:
- Camosun College serves the educational and training needs of Victoria and southern Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.
- University of Victoria known for excellence in teaching, research, and service to the community, the University of Victoria serves approximately 17,000 students.
- Royal Roads University – University/college offering a variety of unique courses designed to meet current marketplace needs. Caters well to mature students, business professionals and those wishing to advance their careers.
- City of Victoria - excellent site filled with information on the city and its infrastructure.
- BC Assessment – property assessments that form the basis for local taxation and assist people when making real estate decisions.
- BC OnLine – land titles, registered property owners, encumbrances, corporate registry information, personal property registry and more…
- Canadian Association of Home Inspectors – maintains and regulates national standards for professional home inspectors.
- Canadian Home Builders’ Association of BC is dedicated to fostering a housing environment in which the industry operates effectively and professionally while maintaining affordability and profitability.
- Canada Mortgage Housing Corporation (CMHC) – helps Canadians live in safe, secure homes, CMHC develops new ways to finance home purchases.
- Homeowner Protection Office (HPO) provides support and assistance to consumers in buying a new home…